Thursday, November 30, 2017

Reading Notes: The Headless Princess, Part B

For the reading this week for Part B, I read the Russian Unit. My favorite story was titled The Headless Princess from Russian Fairy Tales by W. R. S. Ralston (1887). I liked this story because it was something unlike I'd ever heard before. It definitely wasn't what I had expected at first glance.

I don't particularly like the ending of the story, so for my version I would make it a more happy story. I think that even though the Princess is a witch, she still has some good in her. Rather than dying, I think the boy should seek out to help her. I also think the character of the little boy should be a bit older, close to the age of the Princess. He wants to help her because he falls in love with her. He only tells her secret to his teacher, and his teacher helps him get closer to the Princess and gives advice on how to win her over.

Instead of making the story about defeating a witch, I want to make it about a boy who is trying to win over a Princess. He knows she is a witch, but he sees past that flaw. In the end the Princess will fall for the boy, and she gives up her witch ways in order to be with him. Her secret will be revealed at the end to all the other characters, and they praise the boy for saving her.

Princess Witch
Source: Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading, The Coffin-Lid, Part B

For part B of this last week I stuck with the Russian unit stories. My favorite story from this second part was titled The Coffin-Lid from R...