Sunday, August 27, 2017

Time Strategies

One of the hardest lessons to learn transitioning from high school to college was time management. For one thing, I didn't realize how much time was actually needed to study and prepare in college, and that definitely showed in my grades the first semester. Another thing I realized was how easy it was to procrastinate and how often I found myself doing it. Although I've learned how harmful it can be when I have a busy schedule with class and work, I still catch myself procrastinating every now and then.

Time management is the best way to defeat procrastination. Setting aside time to get things done and actually going through with it are what saved my grades from then on out. The articles  How to Beat Procrastination by Caroline Webb and Realistic Study Plans by Amanda Collins were both great reads for advice on time management. Procrastination is hard to overcome sometimes, but Webb had great points such as to visualize how great it will be to be done and to identify the first step. Collins had advice for making a weekly study planner, which is something I now want to do each week. I never have the same week seeing as my work schedule is not the same each week. So, the days and times I set aside for homework and studying vary greatly each week. By making a set schedule each Sunday, it can ensure that I get everything done on time for the week. Keeping both articles in mind will hopefully help keep me on track this semester!

Procrastinator problems
Source: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading, The Coffin-Lid, Part B

For part B of this last week I stuck with the Russian unit stories. My favorite story from this second part was titled The Coffin-Lid from R...